From long-planted seeds, the future is blossoming. 🌱 This blog post to thank everyone who has been involved in making this happen.
It’s time to celebrate! Since March, when Siem Reap went into lockdown, the Yoga Space team has been working on an immersive online teaching platform. This project is not just a new pivot to sustain jobs during the pandemic in our Cambodian home, but also a community in which we can come together again.
This platform will help us to sustain jobs for the Baby Elephant Boutique Hotel team, and the Yoga Space teachers, who are simply amazing.
Buy a Yoga Space Siem Reap class pass, join us on the mat. Classes start Monday, August 2nd, 2021. Taught from tropical Siem Reap, facilitated by a global team of teachers and supported by the Baby Elephant & Sugar teams.
What you experience: World-class online yoga classes delivered in a nurturing and nourishing context
What you provide: Every class pass sold, every class attended, helps us to continue to provide jobs through our connection to a global audience
Our thanks go to:
- The Yoga Space Siem Reap teachers! Their patience and loving energy is testament to their commitment to their practice
- Videography and photography by Sombo
- Acting in our video by the Sugar Spa Siem Reap team Yeng, Thearan, and Sinuon Heng (total stars!)
- Charrlie, thank you for your beautiful meditation on our launch video!
- IT and Internet team led by Nang
- Interior design, painting, and engineering team Seyha Nimal Chheng and Puh Hom
- Sumi for her beautiful macrame wall hangings
- The Baby Elephant admin and reception team, who will be managing your class bookings and admin
- All the yogis who volunteered to be our guinea pigs and give us such valued feedback as we got ready to launch
- Our first yoga student sign up – Baby Elephant Group’s CEO Carmel
- Website support from the ABA Bank team to make it really secure for
- Excellent backup help on the website from Innez
- Amazing work on making sure we can make this work from Adam
- Aleah, for your steady reassuring marketing advice and experience
- Camilla for the online teaching methodology development
- Ilana for the web development
And to everyone who continues to support our pivots as we try to find ways to sustain jobs during the pandemic – thank you! Thank you!
About Yoga Space Siem Reap:
From August 2nd, 2021 you can join interactive live online classes with yoga teachers taught from tropical Siem Reap, the gateway to Angkor Wat – from the comfort of your own home. The first of its kind in Cambodia, Yoga Space Siem Reap is a website with live online classes. The team has designed two types of classes for purchase on its website: Interactive Live Online, and Live Online Classes.
Classes offered are Interactive Live Online, which are taught for smaller class sizes of maximum of 4 participants in order to really cultivate participants’ practice and help them develop their practice by using technology so that the teachers can guide students.
The other type of class is Live Online, which are classes open to up to 99 participants hoping to recreate the atmosphere of larger yoga studios, still with clear cues and nurturing instruction.
This is just the beginning. Stay tuned as we develop more for you to enjoy!
How to join:
Step 1) Buy class pass on the website
Step 2) Go to class schedule on website and book class of your choice
Step 3) Receive an email welcome pack on how to attend
Step 4) Join our Facebook group to join our global yoga community
Step 5) Keep turning up because yoga doesn’t take time – it gives time10% of profits from classes will be going to our emergency food fund to help the worst affected by the pandemic.
Every time you join a class you will know you are helping people who need it. There is a special Cambodia resident price, available on the yogaspace.asia website.